"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -Joseph Addison
The subject of dymensia came up at dinner tonight. We discussed the importance of always using our minds so it doesn't go to mush. As much as I would like Connor to turn off the lights and be obedient, there are worse things he could be doing than reading, especially when it's bible stories.
In other news, we had a busy day. Highlights include:
- cleaning the church this morning (which I have mixed feelings about, not that I don't like to clean or work)
- training for the tri with Haldan's team out at Palo Lake (the actual course for the Pigman coming up)
- folding laundry- the kids helped match socks
- teaching piano lessons (still looking for a different teacher)
- planting our flowers
- organizing hair accessories- Connor helped for the remaining 50 cents needed to buy his DS action replay he's been saving for
- attempted to get the kid's hair-cuts, but were unsuccessful - I guess all salons close at 5 on Saturday
- And yes, Connor STILL has that tooth!!
We wanted to rollerblade if it didn't rain, but it was patchy today. So, we decided to go see Up, but I guess it doesn't come out til next weekend. Bummer.
Congrats to Anders and Lauren on the latest addition to their family! They had a 8lb 13oz girl last night. Still not sure on the name.