Today was in the 90s and super muggy. I LOVE IT! (Sorry to all you westerners who got snow today. Snicker, Snicker.)
We're not quite re-acclimated to these temps. I heard about the walk home from school for a while. The kids walked through the front door dripping wet and wanted a drink ASAP. I had already gotten all the ingredients out for smoothies. What perfect timing if I do say so myself. Cool and refreshing on a hot afternoon. Success!
Do you have these ingredients on hand?
If so, you're all ready for a tasty treat. And healthy to boot. Little Man had 4 glasses.
This recipe comes from the kitchen of my sister, Rena Redmon. I think my family has got to be some of the healthiest people I know. They are always cutting foods out of their diet and looking for healthier alternatives. If it's green and pungent and looks like it could walk away I tend to shy away. But this one is a winner. Chalk full of the good stuff. You could add a variety of other fruits instead or in addition to. It's a versatile recipe.
And in case you forgot how it works around here or are new to my neck of the blogosphere, let me explain my Tasty Tuesdays:
1. I do not profess to be a gourmet chef of any kind. Nor do I want to be. Period.
2. I try to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible. Unless Family Feud is on.
3. All recipes I post are tried and true.
4. I am on a mission to find as many easy, yummy, kid friendly recipes as humanly possible.
5. All recipe cards are formatted as a 4x6 card for you to save and print 'cause I'm nice that way. (I enlarged it here for viewing. Let me know if there is a problem printing it as a 4x6 card.)
6. I'm not a fan of frilly frou-frou anything, especially recipe cards. I'm all about LESS is MORE. It's my prerogative.
7. I may miss a Tuesday every now and again when life happens or I'm feeling uninspired. Don't judge.
If you missed my pulled pork sandwiches with slaw or oriental salad click here.