Also, I've been a bit MIA and am making up for lost time. If you missed DIY Christmas Cards, Freebies, and More or my Tasty Tuesdays Bloghop make sure to swing by. A little something for everyone.
Ok, back to Project Smile. Here goes. Ahem...
The days are shorter. The clouds are thicker. The air is cooler. And smiles are harder and harder to come by, at least for me. I think it's time to migrate south for the winter. But this is the exact reason that Project Smile was born.
Thankfully I have 2 crazy kids that know just the right tricks. I mean come on, how could this not make you smile?
Other things that curled my lips up this month include:
1. Not having to make Thanksgiving dinner. Doesn't it taste better when it isn't your own cooking? (Or is that just me?)
2. Celebrating 18 years with hubs by dining cheap and crashing early. What can I say? We're old.
3. Smelling soap in Little Man's hair. Trust me, these days are rare.
4. A giant zit finally kicking the bucket after 3+ weeks. So long, sucker.
5. Hubs making an organizer for my necklaces and not having to part with any. Yah me!
6. My sis giving me some sa-weet brand new Steve Madden boots. Score.
7. My new bangs rock. Makes life easier most days.
8. The kids being so quiet on the 8 hour drive home from KY that I nearly fell asleep driving. Seriously, quiet as church mice. Also rare. No worries- caffeine to the rescue.
9. Seeing my 11 year old boy skipping with neighbor kids. Skipping! Then getting his first zit. Gotta love those tween years.
10. Gopopgo's response to my deforestation post, "Deforestation? Did you really use -that- particular word to describe your hair removal? Dear God, Alicia. I hope they brought out the big guns for that!"
11. Pokey and Little Man completing what looks like a burial plot they call a hole. You'll have to just take my word for it. Plus gobs of other Reasons to Laugh.
12. And last but certainly not least... scared to even say it out loud but this is the furthest we've ever gotten in the home selling process. Here goes. Ready? Sitting down? We signed closing papers today with a notary and overnighted them to the title company. Keep your fingers crossed!! If you missed any of that story, you can get the latest version here. They tell us we could be done at week's end. Ok, exhale now Alicia.
That's all I've got for now. I plan to do this Project Smile the next few months. (I post the last day of the month and keep the linky open for a week.) And will end come spring. If you would like to join just grab the button and link up. No rules. Anything goes. Stories, lists, photos, you name it. I have yet to have one the same. Last month I shared a photo for every day. It was a little too reminiscent of my daily Project 365, but it is nice to look back and remember all the beautiful things in my life.
You can find my previous Project Smile posts here.
And by the way, it's never too late to smile. Despite all of life's hiccups and heartaches, there really are smiles to be found. Sometimes we have to open our eyes and actively seek them out, but they are there. I promise you that much.
I'm gonna keep it short because I haven't seen my hubs in a week and according to him I'm way too wordy anyways. And although I do believe that men's attention spans are about as much as a toddler at times (1 minute for every year rule), I'm in need of a little R&R, maybe even some TV time, so here's to few words and lots of smiles...
This linky will be open for one week until Tuesday, December 7th at 11:59 PM. I know life is crazy busy right now, but all the more reason to stop and reflect on all the smiles. Please join me on my smile crusade.