1. FIND FRAME. You may remember the frame from my Vintage Inspired Photo Shoot. I found it at a thrift store for a few dollars and spray painted it. You can do as simple or ornate as you'd like.
2. ADD TWINE. Once you have a frame, all you need to do is remove any glass or backing and then staple the twine to the back of the frame. You can do horizontal, vertical or even cross your twine and do both directions. (Thumb tacks or brads could be used in a pinch.)
3. GATHER PHOTOS. I used polaroids, but any photos would work. This would also be a fun way to display craft or scrap pages. Do a theme (ie. trip, holiday, or season) or all black and whites. Get creative. The photos could easily be changed out periodically for fresh inspiration.
4. EMBELLISH. Save some of your memorabilia from your travels and throw that on for a personalized touch. Add scrap embellishments, large letters, or inspiring words. You could even tie ribbon or fabric strips on the twine to dress it up. I can't remember where I got my vector shaped frames, but I'm sure these could be found anywhere. Here's some FREE ones here or here. I added papers (Fuzzimo has FREE linen and burlap textures) and digital bunting from Audree Art.
5. ASSEMBLE. Gather your materials and clip them on. I opted for the tiny clothes pins (found at most craft stores), but it would also be fun to dress up some regular sized ones. Bedazzle, Stamp, Color, Paint, or Add Fabric to them.
This is a super simple, inexpensive project, but just what I needed for a good creative fix. I hope this gets your wheels turnin'.
Have a wonderful weekend. Here's to getting tons crossed off those bucket lists!
FREE PSD file with separate layers.)
I'm teaming up with Kristi of Live and Love out Loud and Rebecca of Bumbles & Light to bring you the Summer Daze Fun Photo Party – a 6-week photo party link-up aimed at capturing your fun summer memories.
The Summer Daze Fun Photo Party will run from June 15th – July 20th. Stop by and share your favorite summer images each Friday. Linky opens at 9am CST. Please link directly to your blog post or Flickr photo, not your homepage URL or Flickr stream. All are welcome to participate regardless of camera equipment or geographic location. Get in on the fun over on Instagram by using the #summerdaze hashtag. Please visit and comment on the previous post in the linky list.
And don't forget to grab our button!